Service Assistant London
Reports to: Head of Technical Facilities
Job Purpose: To support the day-to-day running of Service, ensuring all out of service equipment is made available for hire with the absolute minimum amount of downtime.
- Assess damaged and recently repaired kit.
- Request spares and keeps track of our stock level of certain spares.
- Chase suppliers if there are delays.
- Create Purchase Orders.
- Liaise with Accounts regarding invoices that do not match Purchase Order information.
- Liaising with clients detailing the kit that is outstanding/damaged. Writing emails with a professional tone.
- Liaise with Engineering regarding spares needed and in-house repairs that need to be made a priority.
- If a repair is taking too long, negotiate loan equipment when the need arises.
- Research into new suppliers when needed to repair specialist kit.
- To continually maintain our ‘out of service’ database.
- Liaise with managers regarding issues with kit that is in high demand and any complications with repairs that have/will cause significant delays in making the unit/s available for hire.
- Compiling daily tasks for the Service Assistant.
- Good phone manner when dealing with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- To be able to work independently
- To take ownership of the role
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written English and communication skills
Your performance will be reviewed at your 3-month probation review and at your yearly appraisal; there may be ad hoc meetings throughout the year to discuss any issues. This job description will be reviewed periodically and may change to suit the needs of the business.
Please note: We only accept direct applications, strictly no agencies or third-party recruiters. Thank you.