Sound Devices 688 12-Input Mixer
Providing you with 12 analogue inputs and the ability to record up to 16 inputs to SD and CompactFlash cards, the 688 12-Input Field Production Mixer and 16-Track Recorder from Sound Devices boasts a streamlined design with flexible routing and the company's MixAssist auto-mix system. Add to kit list
Input comes in the form of 6 high-bandwidth mic/line inputs on XLR connectors and 6 line inputs on TA3 connectors, in addition to 2 AES42/AES3 digital inputs.
The 688 can record up to 16 tracks of your audio as mono- or polyphonic broadcast WAV files, supporting sample rates up to 192 kHz on up to 6 tracks. With its dual memory card recording, you can set up redundant recording or combinations of WAV and MP3 files. The recorder is compatible with both the SL-6 power distribution and 6-channel wireless system, and the CL-6 input controller.
*Can be hired with the Sound Devices CL-12 Linear Fader Controller
- 12 analogue inputs: Six mic/line preamps plus six line inputs all with front-panel faders & PFLs.
- 16-track recording to SD & CompactFlash cards; Timecode-stamped WAV & MP3 files
- MixAssist 12-input auto-mixer.
- Optional Accessories: SL-6 power distribution & 6-ch SuperSlot™ wireless receiver system; CL-6 input controller with LED metering & transport controls.
- Both SL-6 and CL-6 can be connected to the 688 at the same time. SL-6 to top panel, CL-6 to bottom panel.
- Eight output buses: L/R mix plus Aux 1-6; transformer-balanced XLR & Hirose outs for freedom from ground loops Two AES42/AES3 inputs, eight AES3 outputs.
- Direct menu control of SuperSlot-compatible wireless (with SL-6).
- PowerSafe protects files from power loss.
- 2-second power on-to-recording.
- Flexible digital mixing and routing.
- Supports all sample rates up to 192kHz.
- Adjustable input & output delay.
- Three camera returns & dedicated COM return.
- Internal & external slate mic inputs.
- Ambient TC generator and reader and internal TC backup battery.
- Easy to navigate interface, 1000-nit LCD visible in all light conditions, configurable metering.
- USB Keyboard for metadata entry.
- User-configurable headphone presets.
- Sound Devices 688 12-Input Mixer w/16 Track Timecode
- 3 Pin XLR to 5 Pin XLR Cable
- 3 Pin XLR to Minijack Cable
- Umbilical to Camera Cable
- X2 XLR to 3 Pin Tini Leads
- X8 XLR to 3 Pin Tini Leads
- X2 16GB Extreme Pro SD Cards
- Card Reader
- X2 IDX NP-L7S Batteries
- NP Charger
- Hawk-Woods NP Adapter
- AA Batteries installed and X2 Spare 4 Packs
- Timecode Out Cable
- HD 25 Headphones
- KT Audio Bag
- Petrol Audio Bag with Raincover