Kitroom Manager London
Reports to: Head of Technical Facilities
Hours: 40 hours per week, including some weekend work. Shifts: 6am-3pm or 1pm-10pm.
- You will be required to lead and motivate a team of Technician during the shift, this will include ensuring the team stays motivated and focused - especially when we have strict deadlines to meet.
- You will lead by example and stay calm under pressure when last-minute jobs drop or there are changes to client requirements or equipment.
- Planning weekly rotas and updating the systems with shifts.
- Support with the training and development of the technical team.
- You will maintain good communication and share information with the Bookings Manager and Team (e.g. handover), senior management, HR, IT and the project department.
- Communicate to management and HR any lateness or sickness related absences or issues with staff that need to be escalated.
- You will be involved with communicating with external suppliers and cross-hire companies e.g. ordering.
- You will be responsible for understanding client’s requirements and ensuring kit is prepared to the highest quality every time kit is dispatched from the Warehouse.
- Therefore, as Kitroom Manager you will be responsible for ensuring there is a strong sense of urgency to meeting deadlines.
- Required to communicate with clients directly for both technical troubleshooting and issues concerning missing or damaged kit.
- You must ensure the team follows Procam's strict process and protocol when we are preparing and delivery equipment to ensure the accuracy of client requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining systems and supporting changes to current processes when necessary.
- Technical knowledge surrounding cameras, lens, audio, lighting and grip equipment would be advantageous.
- Providing clients with technical support when required.
- To possess an interest in broadcast technology and emerging technologies.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SECURITY
- You will be responsible for supporting the Technical Facilities Manager with the operational needs of ensuring a safe working environment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring any accidents or near misses are reported, and to participate in incident investigations when necessary.
- You must ensure staff wear PPE when required.
- You will be responsible for carrying H&S checks and audits (this may require travel).
- You must attend any training regarding H&S that the company requires you to attend.
- You must ensure you always abide by the Procam security procedures.
- These are the attributes and qualities we are looking for from a Kitroom Manager:
- You will lead by example;
- To have a proven background in people management with sound communication skills;
- You will be process driven;
- You will have a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be technically minded with good IT skills.
A background in TV, Broadcast or Film equipment would be desirable, however, we will consider applications from those outside the industry if they have strong warehouse management experience in other industries e.g. background in logistics, distribution and kit hire will be considered.
You will be responsible for supervising the use of our bespoke software and therefore you will have excellent IT skills.
Full training will be provided on our bespoke systems and processes.
Your performance will be reviewed at your 3-month probation review and at your yearly appraisal; there may be ad hoc meetings throughout the year to discuss any issues. This job description will be reviewed periodically and may change to suit the needs of the business.